Located in the Harrison West neighborhood between downtown Columbus and The Ohio State University, Harrison Park is a thriving 16 acre community on a former industrial site. The area’s industrial roots date back to the Capital City Dairy, which opened the plant in 1883. Following a series of other commercial tenants, the A. C. Humko vegetable oil refinery operated at the site from 1920 through 2001. The project received around $3 million in brownfield remediation credits from the Clean Ohio Fund to help clean up the site and redevelop it into a mix of apartments, condos, and single family homes. The new buildings were designed to blend in with the historic Victorian homes in the neighborhood. The creation of a new four acre park along the Olentangy River was a high priority for the Harrison West Society. A community center including event space, a fitness center, and an outdoor pool also helped to synthesize this comprehensive community.